Special event liability insurance provides coverage for third-party bodily injury and property damage that may arise out of an event. Coverage can be provided on a short-term basis for event organizers or exhibitors, or it can be provided on an annual basis for event / meeting planners and other professionals.
Summary of Coverages Available
- Liquor liability provides coverage for potential claims that may arise out of the serving of alcohol at an event. Our standard GL policy provides host liquor insurance, which applies when an insured is not in the business of selling, serving or distributing liquor.
- NOHA (Non-owned / hired auto)
- Inland Marine provides coverage for the replacement value of rented equipment by the insured if damage were to occur while under the insured's control.
- Excess spectator / participant / volunteer medical coverage provides coverage when a spectator / participant / volunteer injures themselves at an event and needs only their medical expenses covered. The policy acts as an excess policy over a person’s primary insurance but acts as primary insurance if no other coverage is in place.
- Additional insured certificates are available for a person or an organization that has a financial interest or liability at stake for your event.
- For film / commercial shoots we can offer GL coverage up to $10 million in limits; negative film; faulty stock; props, sets and wardrobe; miscellaneous equipment; extra expense up to $1 million; third-party property damage; and money and securities.
- Animal shows
- Arts and crafts festivals
- Beauty pageants
- Fashion shows
- Fairs and festivals
- Film / commercial shoots
- Luncheons and picnics
- Performers / bands
- Religious ceremonies
- Road races (bicycles, running)
- Sporting events
- And much more
- General liability: $1 million per occurrence / $2 million aggregate
- Liquor liability: $1 million per occurrence / $1 million aggregate
- NOHA: $1 million
- Inland marine: Varies by value of equipment rented
- Excess spectator / participant medical: $5,000 per occurrence / $50,000 aggregate
- Excess volunteers medical: $50,000 per occurrence / $250,000 aggregate
- Participant medical: $10,000 or $25,000 per occurrence / $50,000 aggregate
- Excess limits of up to $15 million available
Tokio Marine HCC affiliated carriers
- Houston Casualty Company (non-admitted)
- U.S. Specialty Insurance Company (admitted)
- Lexington Insurance Company
- New Hampshire Insurance Company
- United States
- Worldwide coverage for U.S. domiciled insureds
Sr. Vice President, Contingency and SHEL
Vice President, Specialty Underwriting
Business Development Contact
Claims Department (Wakefield, MA)