Why choose Tokio Marine HCC for your stop loss captive?
- Tokio Marine HCC is a direct writer - Many competitors only manage stop loss captives; charging fees without assuming any risk in the captive.
- Tokio Marine HCC underwrites to the risk of each member group which impacts claims outcome and potential profitability that goes back to the captive members. We focus on growing programs through preferred risk pools and solid performance.
- Tokio Marine HCC’s fee structure is among the most competitive in the market.
- Tokio Marine HCC’s underwriters are regional experts who consistently offer competitive pricing and profitable results.
- Tokio Marine HCC provides both our traditional stop loss and captive proposals allowing a broker to compare/contrast both alternatives to their client.
- Tokio Marine HCC's captive model: The employer pays their premium and a predetermined portion is ceded back to the captive to cover potential claims between the employer's deductible and the captive's excess deductible level. HCC Life reimburses eligible claims above the employer's deductible, same as traditional stop loss, and is then reimbursed by the captive. If a claim exceeds the captive's excess deductible it is HCC Life's full exposure. The captive is also protected for aggregate exposure. Premium remaining in the captive at the end of the treaty year are distributed back to the captive/member groups as profits.
- Each group can chose their preferred TPA, network, schedule of benefits, group specific deductible level, etc. The information required to produce a captive proposal does not vary from the traditional stop loss requirements.
- Tokio Marine HCC manages the captive behind the scenes by experts in accounting, law, regulatory and compliance. We provide fully transparent monthly reporting to the producer…there are no hidden costs or fees.
- Tokio Marine HCC’s financial stability (A++ ratings by A.M. Best Company).
- Tokio Marine HCC allows collateral to be paid on a monthly or annual cash basis or through a line of credit.
- Tokio Marine HCC’s turnkey captive development model offers every function a stop loss captive needs:
- Stop loss policy direct with the member groups
- Onshore captive cell facility
- Captive management
- Reinsurance Agreements
- Participation Agreements
- Full back-room capabilities
- Ability to work with third party captive managers
Our expertise, service and program design help make Tokio Marine HCC a leader in the captive stop loss market. Please contact us to learn more.