Whether it's an indoor or outdoor event or a passive or interactive experience, some things are out of your control. There are a variety of unique risks that can occur during any event, including bodily injury to event participants and spectators or property damage at the venue. Special event liability insurance is a specially tailored policy that covers and protects the event planner, organizer and / or the vendor.
- Premiums as low as $105
- Provided on short-term basis for event organizers or exhibitors
- Provided on annual basis for event / meeting planners and other professionals
- Host liquor and blanket additional insured certificate included
- Concerts and music festivals
- Conventions / trade shows / conferences
- Fairs and festivals
- Film and commercial shoots
- Marathons / road races
- Sporting events / camps / clinics / tournaments
- Many more
Summary of Coverage
Special event liability insurance provides coverage for third-party bodily injury and property damage that may arise out of an event. Coverage can be provided on a short-term basis for event organizers or exhibitors, or it can be provided on an annual basis for event / meeting planners and other professionals.
Tokio Marine HCC - Specialty Group has created a Tenant User Liability Insurance Policy (TULIP) for venues and facility owners to set up annual policies covering third-party liability for their lessees when holding events. More information on this type of coverage can be found on the TULIP product page.
- Liquor liability provides coverage for potential claims that may arise out of the serving of alcohol at an event. Our standard general liability policy provides host liquor insurance, which applies when an insured is not in the business of selling, serving or distributing liquor.
- Non-owned / hired auto provides coverage for renting or leasing a vehicle in order to transport people or materials.
- Inland marine provides coverage for the replacement value of rented equipment by the insured if damage were to occur while under the insured's control.
- Excess spectator / participant / volunteer medical coverage provides coverage when a spectators, participants or volunteers injure themselves at an event and needs only their medical expenses covered. The policy acts as an excess policy over a person’s primary insurance but acts as primary insurance if no other coverage is in place.
- Additional insured certificates are available for a person or an organization that has a financial interest or liability at stake for your event.
- For film / commercial shoots, we can offer general liability coverage up to $10 million in limits; negative film; faulty stock; props, sets and wardrobe; miscellaneous equipment; extra expense up to $1 million; third-party property damage; and money and securities.
TotalEvent® Insurance Online
Special event liability can be purchased online through TotalEvent® Insurance Online for premiums as low as $105. The online portal provides short-term coverage for event organizers and / or exhibitors, as well as annual coverage for event / meeting planners or exhibitors. The TotalEvent® system provides you with a fast and easy-to-use quote and bind system that also acts as an electronic database to assist in managing your specialty business. Both brokers and direct customers can access TotalEvent® by clicking the portal link in the top right-hand corner of the page.