If the weather affects your business, Tokio Marine HCC can work with you and your clients to provide bespoke insurance solutions. Weatherproof insurance protects against the occurrence of defined weather perils for a predetermined period and location.
Summary of Coverage
To provide our clients with the best possible weather insurance solutions, Tokio Marine HCC has formed a strategic alliance with Athenium Analytics, an industry leading provider of global weather data.
Weather verification is accurate to within one square kilometer of your risk location. Our bespoke weather cover includes:
- Film and commercial production insurance protects your budget against weather conditions which affect your shoot, causing delay, rescheduling, extra travel or even entire cancellations.
- Event weather insurance covers adverse weather conditions which result in a reduction of revenue such as ticket sales or food and beverage sales.
- Cost containment insurance is designed to limit costs which are associated with abnormal weather conditions. Typical scenarios include snow removal expenses in an unusually or unexpectedly harsh winter or air conditioning expenditure in an especially hot or prolonged summer.
- Income stabilisation insurance is a business interruption cover in a simplified format, specific to a reduction in revenue or sales tied solely to weather.
- Promotional weather insurance is designed to increase sales for retailers and manufacturers. The product allows buyers to offer full or partial refunds to consumers on items purchased during an agreed promotional period if an agreed amount of snow or rain falls or the temperature reaches a certain high / low point during an agreed period of time at an agreed location.
There is no need for a loss adjuster or an onsite weather observer. We will provide you with an hour-by-hour verification report within one business day of your claim.